In addition to the API updates, a lot of migration work has been done:
- Project migration: Java SE 6 -> Java SE 7, so you need Java SE 7 to use the latest version.
- Project migration: OSGi metadata added
- Project migration: Maven 2.2.1 -> Maven 3.0.4
- Project migration: artifactId prefix added: "softsmithy-". Since this is automatically also the prefix of the JAR files, it will now be easier to distinguish SoftSmithy JARs from other JARs.
- Project migration: softsmithy-lib-persistence project added and moved the org.softsmithy.lib.persistence package from softsmithy-lib-core to softsmithy-lib-persistence. This has the effect that softsmithy-lib-core has only dependencies on the standard libraries while softsmithy-lib-persistence also has a dependency on javax.persistence version 2 or higher. In an OSGi environment the dependencies are enforced.
I added new utility methods, classes and framework updates for working with the new NIO File API introduced in Java SE 7, service providers, text parsers and formatters and more.
In addition there are new samples and tutorial updates and fixes.
You can download the archives (including the jars, documentation, samples etc.) and read more about the changes here:
SoftSmithy Utility Library v0.2 (online documenation)
SoftSmithy Development Utility Library v0.2 (online documentation)
I deployed the artifacts (including source and javadoc artifacts) to Maven Central. You can use the following dependencies:
For the SoftSmithy Utility Library:
For the SoftSmithy Development Utility Library (usually with scope = test):